Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lesson 24 from The Hard Knocks School of Life

When you set out to punish the rich the poor get hurt.
Whenever I see a short statement such as this the first question I ask is this: Is this true?

My answer for this one remains yes.

Therefore I think that I will try to explain what I have seen that makes me believe this to be true. As I examine the world the first thing I notice is that I have never worked for a poor man. The reason for this is simple; a poor man cannot pay me. Or at best he can only pay for a limited amount of my time. Therefore if I want steady work (and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t) I must either be ambitious enough to continually win small pieces of work from many poor people or find one rich person to work for continuously.

© 2010 Vic Jones

No comments:

Search This Blog