Saturday, March 26, 2011

Addiction is Insanity

I’ve been looking at addiction from the inside for many years. And while it would be possible to make the excuse that my addiction is fairly harmless I would be less than truthful in saying that it has caused me no harm nor pain.
One of my addictions is playing solitaire on the computer. Another is reading anything and everything with a concentration on fiction. Both of these are activities that I will do even when I could be doing something else (like writing) that has the potential to increase my income. I will also do them rather than go out to meet people. Even though that too has the potential to increase my income or open opportunities for me to share my writing with an even larger audience.

Thus I can see that even the mildest of addictions has many negative impacts on my life, yet I will not stop doing the things that I’m addicted to! This is insanity.

© 2011 Vic Jones

No comments:

Search This Blog