Saturday, May 11, 2019

Flailing and Failing


I actually started writing this piece before the last one that I posted was begun, which is part of what goes to the title of the piece. That is that I spend a lot of time flailing about for subjects to write about. It isn't that there is nothing to write about, it is more that there is so much I could write about that I often get hung up on deciding what to write about and therefore write nothing! So with no further ado, onto my subject for the day.

As is probably pretty obvious at this point, a lot of the activity in my life amounts to flailing. Of course since flailing is undirected activity I shortly tire and of course fail. Thus the title of today’s blog: Flailing and Failing.

It is obvious from personal experience that undirected (without a plan) activity is bound to fail. Yet as I’ve noted before, I don’t even have the very basics of writing a plan. So if I can’t write a plan how can I direct my activity that I may avoid the cycle of flailing and failing that has been the signature of my life to this point?

Whew! I really don’t know how to remedy the flailing that is at least 99% of all the problems I have with life. One thing that is pretty certain to me (and ought to be to anyone else who may ask me later) is that if you don’t know where you’re going, then you end up wandering in the wilderness…! And frankly I’ve had it with wandering in the wilderness! You’d think that reading the Bible would have given me a clue that wandering in the wilderness means I’ve missed something important in my life!

And I guess that today’s blog is really about that. I know where my heart has been for some time. I want to proofread, and possibly write for a living.

It is obvious to me that unless something changes drastically this blog is little better than a hit and miss hobby, and I’m certain of this: you cannot make a living at a hit and miss hobby. It is my hope to begin to write regularly here; if for no other reason then for the practice that makes me write a certain amount each week or each day.

With that in mind I’ll get this posted and hope that my days improve.

No comments:

Search This Blog