Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lesson 60 from The Hard Knocks School of Life


Everything eventually gets lost!

Or in other words, at some point I’ve lost my original set of these pithy observations on life. What would have been the best solution for me? E-mail it to myself. That is the poor man’s version of i-cloud or Carbonite® which is in essence online, offsite storage. There are several drop-boxes out there that offer a gigabyte or more of storage ‘free’ as well. I should have (I thought I did, but I can’t find it) taken advantage of one of them! I have a partial novel stored as a draft (somewhat easier to find than an actual e-mail) which also works. After all I don’t know the limits of the other systems but Google® has 15 gigabytes of storage as a ‘free’ service of their e-mail application.

I hope today’s lesson helps someone who thinks they can do without one of these services. Life happens. Guard against it to the best of your ability!

No comments:

Search This Blog